August 29-‐31 HOUSTON, TX. – Thousands of comic book fans will descend upon Houston later this month for the inaugural Amazing Houston Comic Convention – an event that will bring the creators of many of this year’s blockbuster movies together under one roof, headlined by the best-‐selling comic artist of all time, Jim Lee. The convention will take place at George R. Brown Convention Center August 29-‐31, and will feature a show floor packed with more than 100 exhibitors, an exciting artist alley with more than 200 artists, and autograph sessions, which will give fans access to some of their favorite comic book creators.
Weekend passes are $60, Saturday passes are $35, and Friday-‐ or Sunday-‐only passes are $25. VIP tickets range from $150-‐$200. Tickets are available at the door or online. Ticket information, VIP upgrades, and regular event updates are available at http://www.AmazingHoustonComicCon.com. “We are thrilled to bring our creative and exciting programming to Houston this summer, and know it will be an unforgettable event,” said Jimmy Jay, co-‐owner of Jay Company Comics and promoter of Amazing Houston Comic Con. “We are thrilled to bring the ‘architects of pop culture’ together, which means that fans will be able to meet the creators of their favorite comics-‐turned-‐movie-‐blockbusters in one weekend.”
Some of these guests include:
• Jim Lee – co-‐publisher of DC Entertainment. Lee is one of the most revered and respected artists in all of American comics. His work on Marvel Comics’ legend X-‐Men continues to hold the all-‐time sales record for single-‐issue sales at an incredible 8 million copies sold in one month. Jim Lee had popular runs on Batman, Superman and Justice League
• Rob Liefeld – creator of DEADPOOL, the most popular character in the Marvel Universe, and X-‐Men mainstays Cable, Domino, Shatterstar and X-‐Force
• Len Wein – creator of Wolverine and the X-‐Men, popularized by this summer’s big film from FOX • Herb Trimpe – one of Marvel Comics’ most prolific creators, the man behind Wolverine, GI Joe, Godzilla, Rocket Raccoon, Indiana Jones and Transformers The event’s guest list is indeed one of the best of any comic convention in the west, sure to thrill the most die-‐ hard comic book fans. But the weekend also offers entertainment for the general public, including:
• Costume Contest Saturday night – from Star Wars troopers to Captain America and other superheroes, ComicCon offers fantastic visuals from spirited costumed groups • Kids’ Day Sunday featuring Mat Nastos – a veteran of animation with credits on Disney Channel and more. Kids’ Day will feature a kids’ costume contest and parade, with all participants receiving a special prize, and Nastos will do free sketches for kids 10 and under that day.
• Giant video game arena with fan-‐favorite games including Call of Duty, Super Mario Bros, Street Fighter and more.
• Stars of the SyFy Channel’s FACE/OFF will demo special effects makeup live, including fan favorites Alan Rose and current season’s Keaghlan Ashley
• Jordan Hembrough, better known as the Toy Hunter from The Travel Channel, will meet and greet fans and tell them how much their vintage toys are worth
• “Cosplay Family Feud” – this cosplay version of the popular game show will celebrate all of the great costumes at ComicCon, with great prizes for not only participants, but the audience as well.
About Amazing Houston Comic Con: The Amazing Houston Comic Con is a convention spanning the latest and greatest from the world of comic books. Hosted by family-‐owned Jay Company Comics, one of the largest comic book dealerships in the country, the event will bring the best of popular culture to Houston. The inaugural event will take place at the George R. Brown Convention Center in Houston, Tex., August 29-‐31, 2014. The event will feature a show floor packed with more than 100 exhibitors, an exciting artist alley featuring more than 200 artists, and autograph sessions giving fans a chance to interact with their favorite creators. Amazing Houston Comic Con LINKS: Web: http://www.AmazingHoustonComicCon.com FB: http://www.facebook.com/AmazingHoustonComicCon Twitter: @amazingcomiccon ###